Last Updated: December 4, 2019
- What is Personal Information?
- How We Collect Personal Information
- How We Use Personal Information
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- How We Protect the Confidentiality of Personal Information
- Other Websites and Services
- Accessing, Updating, or Deleting Personal Information
- Opting Out of Receiving Electronic Communications
- California Residents’ Privacy Rights
- Children’s Privacy
- Personal Information Transferred from the U.S.
- How to Contact Us
What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information that identifies or relates to a particular individual. Examples of Personal Information include, among others, name, email address, phone number, and online identifiers. When we combine Personal Information with other information, such as a pickup location and destination address for a ride, we treat the combined information as Personal Information.
How We Collect Personal Information
- Information that You Provide Us
When you use our online Services, we request information from you via forms. The exact information we need to collect will depend on the purpose of the form. We will indicate on the form whether a particular field of information is mandatory or optional. For example, to book a ride online, you must provide your name, phone number, and pick-up location, but you have the option to provide a destination, an email address (for e-receipt), or a note for the driver.
- Information We Receive Automatically from You
We collect the following types of information automatically through your use of our online Services:
- Cookies, Device Identifiers, and Similar technologies
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Service may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
To assist us with analyzing the use of our websites and apps through cookies and similar technologies, we use analytics services, including Google Analytics and Firebase. For more information on Google’s processing of your information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.”
- Geolocation Data
If you use an app or other online service to hail a cab, we may request access to geolocation information from your device. If you grant us permission for such access, we will use the geolocation information to help pre-populate the pick-up location. If preferred, you have the option to manually enter a pick-up location.
- Log File Information
When you use our online Services, our servers automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Service), domain names associated with your internet service provider, information on your interaction with the Service, and other such information (collectively, “Log File Information”).
We may also collect similar information from emails sent to you which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. We use Log File Information to help secure the online Services by identifying potential threats and vulnerabilities and in analyzing the effectiveness of our Service to improve the Service’s function and content.
How We Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information the following purposes:
- Providing our Services to you, including dispatching Cabs;
- Providing, analyzing, administering, improving, and securing our online Services;
- Providing customer service;
- Sending information and promotional materials;
- Seeking your feedback on our products and services through surveys;
- Responding to inquiries;
- Protecting our rights or our property;
- Meeting legal obligations; and
- For other purposes related to the reasons for which you provide Personal Information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
This section describes to whom we disclose Personal Information and for what purposes:
- Our Service Providers. We employ service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in providing our Services. For example, we engage third parties to provide cab dispatching, administrative services, analytics services, web hosting, customer service, and payment processing, and marketing. We take commercially reasonable steps to help ensure our service providers provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Information as we do.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of our business or assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information collected through the Service, including Personal Information, may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts. We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person. We may also disclose Personal Information to investigate or prevent a violation by you of any contractual or other relationship with us or your illegal or harmful activity.
How We Protect the Confidentiality of Personal Information
We use commercially reasonable safeguards, such as industry-standard encryption technology, to help keep the information collected through our online Services (including credit card information) secure. Despite these efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not represent or warrant that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
Other Websites and Services
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any third party websites or services linked to or from our online Services or otherwise, including the information or content contained within them. A link to a third party’s website should not be construed as an endorsement. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing Personal Information to third parties.
Accessing, Updating, or Deleting Personal Information
If you are a California resident, please see Section 9 for information on your rights under California law relating to accessing, updating, and deleting Personal Information. If you otherwise would like to access, update, or delete Personal Information that we have about you, you may submit a request to email@example.com. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable law.
Opting Out of Receiving Electronic Communications
We may send notifications, promotions, or other information via email (“Communications”). To unsubscribe, please follow the unsubscribe instructions in any email you receive. Please note that certain Communications are necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Service (e.g., to confirm your ride, to verify your phone number) and you may not have the ability to opt out of those Communications.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
- Categories of Personal Information Subject to California Privacy Rights
In accordance with California law, we collected the following categories of Personal Information within the preceding 12 months:
- Identifiers (for example, name, email address, and IP address);
- Phone number;
- Payment information (for example, the credit card number processed on our behalf by a payment processor);
- Commercial information (for example, information on your rides);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information on your usage of our Service;
- Geolocation data; and
- Inferences drawn from any information identified above to create a profile.
We share each of these categories of Personal Information with our service providers to the extent necessary to provide their services and as otherwise described in Section 4, above.
- Your California Privacy Rights
In accordance with California law, California consumers may exercise under the following rights with respect to their Personal Information:
You have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such Personal Information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your Personal Information.
You have the right to receive the Personal Information you have previously provided to us.
You have a right to request to have your Personal Information deleted from our servers and we will direct our service providers to do the same. However, please be aware that we may not fulfill your request for deletion if we (or our service provider(s)) are required to retain your Personal Information for one or more of the following categories of purposes: (1) to complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or complete a contract between us and you; (2) to ensure our website integrity, security, and functionality; (3) to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law; (4) to otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please send (or have your authorized agent send) an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at: (424) 222-2222. While we take measures to ensure that those responsible for receiving and responding to your request are informed of your rights and how to help you exercise those rights, when contacting us to exercise your rights, we ask you to please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Tell Us Which Right You Are Exercising: Specify which right you want to exercise and the Personal Information to which your request relates (if not to you). If you are acting on behalf of another consumer, please clearly indicate this fact and your authority to act on such consumer’s behalf;
- Help Us Verify Your Identity: Provide us with information to verify your identify. For example, provide us (at a minimum) your phone number or email address. If your phone number or email address appears in our records, we may contact you to help confirm that you are making the request. Please note that if we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any Personal Information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification.
- Direct Our Response Delivery: Please provide us with an e-mail or mailing address through which we can provide our response. If make the request by email, unless otherwise requested, we will assume that we can respond to the email address from which you made the request.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Information from children. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child without parental consent, we will promptly take steps to delete that information.
Personal Information Transferred from the U.S.
If you are using the Service from outside the United States, please be aware that Personal Information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. Although we take steps to provide adequate safeguards, the data protection laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
How to Contact Us