How to find items lost in a taxi
January 11th, 2013 in tips
Always double check for your belonging's when getting out of your taxi. We are not responsible for any lost items in cabs, but will do our best to
make sure you get your lost item back. Here's a couple of things to keep in mind.
- Remember the taxi number If possible, its always useful to remember the cab number of the taxi you are in, not just for lost items, but for any other issue you might
have. They number can be easily found outside the cab, printed on the passenger and drivers door, and on the inside the cab, above the driver.
- Call us as soon as you notice you lost and item So we can notify the cab driver, and have him look for your lost item. Although it's not guaranteed, the driver might even be able to return to your drop off address if he hasnt already picked up another fare. Remember that most cab drivers dont even notice an item has been left in their back seat, which brings me to our next point....
- Only about %5 of reported lost items make it to our lost and found offices Most cab drivers never even notice a lost item in their back seat, and many times the next passenger in the cab who grabs it. Especially if its a popular item such as an iphone.
- The top 3 lost items are phones (especiall iphones), keys and wallets.
Finding the taxicab number
The most useful piece of information you can give us to help you find your lost item is the taxi cab number, something most passengers
dont look for when getting in cab. Since we place the taxi number in different spots on the cab, heres a handy guide on where to look.
SAN DIEGO FLEET
1. On the passenger and drivers side door.
2. In the top right corner on the back of the cab.
3. Inside the taxi above the driver.
NORTH COUNTY FLEET
1. In the top right corner on the back of the cab.
2. In the top right corner on the front of the cab.
3. On the side of the cab, in the back.
4. On the passenger and drivers side door.
Reporting a lost item
The easiest way to report a lost item it by filling out our lost & found form online.
You can also give us a call at 619.444.4444 ext 1400.
Our lost and found offices are open from Monday to Friday, during normal business hours. If you get the answering machine, go ahead and leave a message with as much information as possible (cab number, pickup address, date, contact info), and we usually get back to you in 24 hours.
If your item was lost over the weekend, our lost and found offices will be closed, but you can still reach our call center (open 24/7), leave a message, and we will return your call the following week.